What is Fanseat?
• Fanseat is a new sports entertainment service optimized for mobile devices. We offer live broadcasts, replays, highlights and other variable sports related content.
What type of sports events does Fanseat provide?
• The current streaming rights include among others the Finnish National Basketball League (Korisliiga), the Finnish First Division Ice Hockey League (Mestis), Saxoprint Ligue Magnus from France and BENE-League for the season 2017-2018. Please see the schedule for more detailed programme.
How much does it cost to use Fanseat?
• Fanseat offers streams of top-level sports leagues and events for a monthly fee of 7,99€. When subscribing, you'll get a free one month trial after which the subscription continues automatically. However, you can unsubscribe at any time and you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your monthly billing period. Pls note that payment details (credit card/PayPal) need to be provided in order to activate the free trial.
How do I subscribe to Fanseat?
• First register your user account by clicking "Login or register" in the upper right corner of the page. You can choose to create an account with either email and password or Facebook's login. Then, click any currently viewable content at Fanseat, such as ongoing live events or replays in the archives and you'll be prompted with a third party pop-up window (Cleeng.com) for the activation of the subscription. After choosing a payment method, enter the payment details and confirm the purchase. We confirm a successful subscription with an email receipt. Please note that all new users get the first month free of charge automatically!
The Terms And Conditions can be viewed in more detail here.
How can I re-activate my subscription?
• You may renew your subscription at any time in the "Selfcare" section: After logging in, click your email address in the upper right corner of the page. In the "Selfcare" window you can review your current subscription status and re-subscribe by pressing the pink "Renew" button. Alternatively you can click any currently viewable content such as ongoing live streams or VODs to begin the re-subscription process. We confirm a successful renewal with an email receipt.
How can I pay the subscription?
• We welcome both credit cards and PayPal payments. (Please note that PayPal charges a payment processing fee of 0.52€ + VAT per payment.) If you need assistance with purchasing the subscription, don't hesitate to contact our user support.
Please note: The Fanseat iOS application and the in-app-purchase option via iTunes thereof is being phased out due to a website upgrade in the coming months. The ongoing iTunes subscriptions will be discontinued by September and the iOS users are encouraged to subscribe through the website via our payment service provider Cleeng.
What kind of hardware/software I need for Fanseat?
• The service is optimized for mobile devices as well as Windows and Mac desktops. For PC and Android users we recommend Chrome as browser and Mac/iOS users Chrome or Safari. Windows 10 users might also give Edge a try. But please make sure you're always using the latest version of the browser!
Please note: Since smooth live streaming requires the latest browser version, older operating systems such as Windows XP or Vista are not compatible with those. Also older desk and laptops (5+ years) may have hard time coping with live streams capacity wise.
At the moment there is no official support for ChromeCast, game consoles and/or other TV-apps alike, but the web site can be used with ChromeCast by following Google's instructions.
Can I watch streams with an iPad, iPhone or other iOS devices?
• The website is accessible with both mobile and desktop devices and for the iOS users we recommend the browsers Google Chrome and/or Safari.
The Fanseat iOS application is being phased out within September 2017 in order to increase both device variety and content by combining the two services Fanseat.com and Fanseat GO under same subscription. With the subscription provided by Cleeng you can also use all supported devices, whereas in the past the iTunes subscription was only compatible with iOS devices.
With these changes we are hoping to improve the user experience by providing more content and device diversity for the same monthly fee. And if you are a new user (haven't subscribed through the website/Cleeng before) you will get the first month free of charge again.
Is my internet connection fast enough for Fanseat?
• To guarantee the smoothest streaming experience possible we recommend 5 Mbps and above.
To check your connection speed, please go to www.speedtest.net and run a speed test. To watch reliably in the lowest quality you should get a minimum test result of 7 Mbps for download. To watch reliably in HD, you should have a minimum test result of 8-10 Mbps. Do notice that fluctuations in your internet connection speed may vary greatly based on e.g. the type of the connection, your location, time of the day and other software and browser windows running simultaneously on your device.
How can I optimize my device for streaming?
• Make sure your browser (Chrome works best for most devices) is up to date. Since the player automatically adjusts the stream quality if the bandwidth increases/decreases during playback, we suggest you keep running other applications and browser tabs/windows to a minimum when streaming. Alternatively, if the streams is lagging, pauses frequently or gets cloggy, try switching the stream quality manually from the player's settings. A good idea is to restart the device beforehand to free CPU and memory resources. Laptop users are recommended to connect their computer with a power adapter instead of using the laptop on battery and to use an Ethernet cable connection instead of WLAN for better performance.
How can I reset my password?
• Instructions for resetting your password can be requested from the login screen (Connect with email) or at http://cleeng.com/login by clicking "Forgot your password".
How can I update my payment or account details?
• If you wish to switch from credit card to PayPal or update/delete your credit card or other account details, you can do it through your account settings in a pop-up window which opens when clicking your email address in the upper right corner of the web page (click here for a screenshot).
Where can I get help?
• If you need technical assistance, have questions about the streaming, payments, timezones etc. or are facing problems with the live broadcast, our user support is at your service during live events via UserVoice. We offer live support in English, French and Finnish.
How soon are the VODs available for watching?
• The archives is usually updated in the morning meaning that the VODs from today will most likely be available by tomorrow morning.
Where can I find more information about the upcoming events?
• All upcoming events are listed in the broadcast schedule which will be updated regularly. You can also find us and keep up to date on fanseat related news and development on Twitter in English at @FanseatCOM, in Finnish @Fanseat_FI and on Facebook. The summary of all content rights can be found here.
What timezone does the starting time of an event refer to?
• The times of the events are shown according to the time zone settings of your own computer.
How can I cancel my monthly subscription?
• You may cancel your subscription at any time through your account settings in a pop-up window which opens when clicking your email address in the upper right corner of the web page (click here for a screenshot). When a subscription is active, the pink button says "Unsubscribe". When there's no ongoing subscription, the button works as quickest way for renewing it.
Please not that for technical reasons, the termination must be made at least twenty four hours (24 hrs) before the end of the current (ongoing) invoicing period. We confirm a successful cancellation with an email receipt.
How can I deactivate my user account?
• If you wish to deactivate your user account, you can do it via Cleeng's web form.
What is Fanseat GO?
• Fanseat GO enables sports clubs and other event organizers to produce and stream their events live online and earn money doing so. Streaming benefits the clubs as they earn money based on the number of viewers. Each live event is also available as a recording after the livestream has ended. Both Fanseat.com's premium content as well as Fanseat GO's club productions are accessible with the one and the same Fanseat subscription (7,99€ per month).
Please note: The sports clubs are responsible for the content they produce as well as the upcoming events they publish. Therefore, when ever possible, please give feedback directly to the producer of the stream (club/tournament/league etc.). Fanseat's user support is happy to help in case you need assistance with subscribing or in other non-production related matters during its own live events.